For a couple of months I’ve been going to the gym almost every day, being consistent after a long time of not being active. Most of the times I push myself to the limit, because “no pain, no gain” right? I would even ask myself ‘why am I even doing this, why am I pushing myself to continue while sometimes it hurts’? But then I remember the reason why I started and the end goal.
It’s so easy for us to throw away the towel sometimes, it could be because of so many reasons. It may be because we lazy or we’ve been trying to do a project for a while or looking for a job etc. And it’s really understandable, but in my opinion it doesn’t help if you don’t try alternatives around the situation. Also if we are not mentally prepared the moment something begins to stir the waters and rock the boat from side-to-side, we begin to panic and struggle to deal with the circumstances. We see these problems and challenges as larger than life and way beyond our capabilities and means. These events may very well end up overwhelming us and causing great heartache and hardship.
The words “GIVE” and “UP” should never be together in your mind. When you zoom into human individuals-life is difficult and when you face setbacks after setbacks, problem after problem it can get hard to stay optimistic. It gets even hard and difficult to remind ourselves that we are strong and that we can get through whatever problem we are facing. When life gets tough, giving up always seems like the easiest option. And the actual reality is, when we feel like giving up, there is a lot of untapped inner strength inside of us that we probably even haven’t realized. That is why when we are in a dark place it can help to remind ourselves of our strengths and potential so that we can overcome the negativity that creeps into our minds. So I collected about 10 reasons on why we should never quit or give up!
- Anything is possible- as long you are alive, anything is possible. As long as you are alive, the only reason you should give up is when you are dead. You have an option to keep trying until you succeed.
- Be realistic – the chance of mastering something the first time is non existent. Everything takes time to learn and we are bound to make mistakes. Learn from them!
- Be strong like an oak- believe me you are stronger than you think. 1,2 or even 3 little failures are not enough to stop you from achieving your goals. Your goals are far greater than all of the doubts. Imagine a little oak tree, did it stop growing every time when facing harsh winds and rain? No! So why should you stop? You are alive, aren’t you? So you have no good reason to give up. Period. Success will never be a big step in the future. Success is a small step taken just now.
- Prove yourself – you don’t want to be known as someone weak and that gives up. Go out there and prove the world and to yourself. You can and you will what you set out to do. The only time you fail is when you give up.
- You have families and friends – let the people you love and adore be the motivation and inspiration to persist and persevere. Maybe you need to try a different angle, study more and or practice more. But don’t give up.
- Believe in your dreams – don’t sell your self short. in life, the will be many people who will try to bring you down and tell you what you want to achieve is not possible.
- Worse off – there are people worse off. Right now there are people who are in worse situations and environments than you. Are you thinking of giving up running 5miles a week? Think about people that can’t even walk to shower or go to the bathroo and how much they would give up to run that 5mile.
- Be happy – you deserve to be happy. Don’t let anybody to tell you otherwise. You deserve to be happy and you deserve success. Keep that mindset and never give up until you reach your destination.
- Inspire others – be an inspiration to others by refusing giving up. Who knows what someone else can achieve because you never gave up and in turn inspired them to never give?
- You are close – you are so close. Often when you feel like you’ve reached your edge, you are so close to making a huge break through. You are just a heart bit away from success.
It is important to remember that when you are having a rough day, rough week, rough month we may feel like giving up. But if we dig deep, we may find resources that we may not have known existed. As humans, we are all programmed to be be survives. And over the time, we have all became smarter, stronger and wiser from the struggles we’ve undergone.